Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

module_name_missing problem

2013-10-21
2013-10-23
  • nikos lianeris
    nikos lianeris
    2013-10-21

Hi all I have successfully developed an application with openxava but a strange problem occurred after deploying the application in the production server.If I try to send a request to an openxava url (to login,to see a module etc) I get Incomplete URL: You have to specify a module name after ''modules'' .I saw ModuleServlet and noticed that this message means that uri array's length is less than 4.Since the application is the root application on the server and as a result openxava's urls will be www.example.com/m/SignIn and not www.example.com/application/m/SignIn,how can this problem be solved?
    Thanks in advance for your time

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-10-23

Hi Nikos,

one solution is not to install your OpenXava application in ROOT, and put in root a index.jsp to redirect to your application.

If you want to use the / all the time, write your own servlet, you can copy and paste ModuleServlet and do the needed modification. You will also to add your servelt to servlets.xml.

Help others in this forum as I help you.