Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Usage value

peter_a
2006-02-08
2013-04-16
  • peter_a
    peter_a
    2006-02-08

Hi, I want to know how the "Usage" field is calculated. Which fields in the database(repository) are used, etc. I downloaded the source code but I don't find where the data access and the calculations are made. Is it an algorithm that Niku dosen't want to reveal ?

Thanks for your help

Peter

• Dan Dumbrill
      Dan Dumbrill
      2006-02-08

OWB is not a product that connects to a database or a repository, it persists to RMP or XML files.  Niku (now CA) does have a totally separate product that allows OWB to connect to their Clarity product. 

With regards to the calculation of Usage it is the total of Actuals + Estimates.

• peter_a
      peter_a
      2006-02-08

Thank you for the infos, I am working with an old version of Niku WorkBench that uses a repository.

Can you tell me where I can find the calculations related to the View definition(Usage field, duration field, etc.) in the source code? (Which file)

I know how to calculate Usage, I just want to see where the view definition options are located in the source code, and understand how they work.

Thanks again