Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Linux version?

2004-11-12
2013-04-16
  • Jaime Nebrera
    Jaime Nebrera
    2004-11-12

Hi,

I have just discovered his app, and are really impressed, but would like to know if its portable to a linux client.

If so, we are working on a project that we could use this app, and would help on its development (if the project is approved)

• Dan Dumbrill
      Dan Dumbrill
      2004-11-12

At this point in time, the app is Windows centric, it makes heavy use of MFC and a 3rd party toolkit that is only available for Windows. I wouldn't be surprised to see it migrate away from being Windows centric over time, though.

• Alain Viret
      Alain Viret
      2004-11-16

Have a look at Ganttproject (see http://ganttproject.sourceforge.net\). It's also an opensource project, but this one is written in Java and has no dependancies on the platform or on closed source libraries...

Greetings

• ogechter
      ogechter
      2005-03-23

If the linux project begin someday, I think it could interesting to work on a OSX or X11 version for the mac user.
      There is no good free planning apprlication on OSX and OWB could be the solution for all the mac users.
      O.