Java JRE not found

m'n'i
2006-08-18
2013-04-16
  • m'n'i
    m'n'i
    2006-08-18

Hi,

I'm getting a message, that the Java JRE(6) cannot be found. I'm pretty sure I have one, but there are also a lot of other JREs on my computer (it's a developer machine, so I need them).

Is there any way to tell owb where to look for the jre? Or do I have to rearrange my path?

Thanks in advance!

• m'n'i
      m'n'i
      2006-08-23

seems this is a not very frequently read forum... in case anybody notices or even cares, the solution (for me) can be found the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment. If something there is not set up correctly the program won't budge...

• kstuckey
      kstuckey
      2006-12-28

I'm not a developer, just trying the software for my company. I had the same installation problem you identified. You mentioned that things need to be set up correctly. Can you help me out a bit by identifying what needs to be "set up"?

• DiepFreezeR
      DiepFreezeR
      2007-03-03

You forgot to mention which platform.
      My answer will cover windows (XP-pro SP2).
      Your a victim of the update policy of Java or more the lack of it.

There's only one solution.

- Uninstall all updates
      - Uninstall Java
      - Check if all java objects are gone from IE

Go to: http://www.java.com and reinstall Java again.

As soon after announcement of an update:

- refuse
      - java uninstall
      - download java and install again

Follow this procedure until they see the light and figure out a real updateservice.

gtx

Rob

• Nothingman
    Nothingman
    2011-08-19

Confirming this error also occurs in Windows 7, the fix provided by diepfreezer works in Windows 7 as well.