Wave Input needed ?

ple-x-us
2009-11-15
2013-04-17
  • ple-x-us
    ple-x-us
    2009-11-15

Does anyone use the wave input feature of openTZT?

I can see at several places in the code that there must be a function where openTZT obviously receives audio data (wherever from?) to pass it to effects and do something like a spectrum analyzation. There's even a function call FFT.

That sound's kind of impressive, but is it really useful for anyone? I don't know any of the internal effects which takes advantage of this feature.

Since the control for this feature spreads all around the main code, making it more complex and harder to maintain or even understand, I would like to outsource it for possible later reimplementation.

Your opinion?

plexus …

• MoRpH
    MoRpH
    2009-11-16

I thought Esotic had already commented it all out.

• ple-x-us
    ple-x-us
    2009-11-16

Nope, he didn't. Maybe because the code is nice after all, but just doesn't do much at the moment.

But it caused some crashes here and there on my system, especially if I tried to start openTZT via remote connection (not nice I know, but I just wanted to know if and how it works).

plexus …

• PiedPiper
    PiedPiper
    2009-12-09

Yeah i use it occasionally, pretty sure some of the ported  FreeFrame effects access the wave data.

Although having re-read your post i see you mentioned internal effects.

/wild idea mode
    I have always wanted to integrate an automatic switching mode.  Something like making the auto preset player changes triggered by Audio events ( ie. bass hits a pre-defined level).
    This would require that audio be retained as a core portion of the application.
    /wild idea mode off

• ple-x-us
    ple-x-us
    2009-12-16

I'm with you, but the biggest problem openTZT has with all those fancy features I would like to implement, you can't configure them.

My plan is, after we released the cleaned-up version, to implement a configuration panel, there we can place all the things everyone wants.

Imagine a world where you can set the frequency and level threshold in an actual graphical spectrum analyzer, and imagine on the other hand: add 2 to 4 ini parameters, start openTZT, see that the parameters don't work, change the parameters, restart oTZT, and on and on.

plexus …

• MoRpH
    MoRpH
    2009-12-17

Yeah I'm with PLex.