OpenSSH installp images for AIX 5L Versions 1
and 2 have been refreshed to include the following patches:
*$LOGIN environment variable set
*Streaming large amounts of data no longer hangs the session
*Password expiration with privsep works (5.1)
The files that contain the above patches are:
*openssh34p1_18.104.22.168_51.tar.Z (AIX 5.1)
*openssh34p1_22.214.171.12403_52.tar.Z (AIX 5.2)
OpenSSH 3.4p1 binaries are now available for AIX 5.1 & 5.2. This release contains the
NLS patch file, the English message catalog file and a header file.
Since OpenSSH depends on OpenSSL, you can obtain a AIX compiled version of
Because of the cryptographic content of OpenSSL, you will need to register at this
website before you can download.
OpenSSH images for AIX 5L, Version 2 (5.2.0) are now available.
The installp images include changes for the following:
1. The 3.4p1 version of code from www.openssh.org
2. Updating the /etc/security/login & failedlogin files
3. Resetting the unsuccessful login count
4. National Language Support (NLS) enablement
5. NLS translated message catalog images (34 languages). NOTE: if using U.S. English, just install openssh.msg.en_US... read more
OpenSSH images for AIX 5L, Version 1 (5.1), have been refreshed to include
changes for the following:
* Updating the /etc/security/login & failedlogin files
* Resetting the unsuccessful login count
* National Language Support (NLS) enablement
* NLS translated message catalog images (34 languages).NOTE-if using U.S. English, just install openssh.msg.en_US
OpenSSH has a prerequisite on OpenSSL. OpenSSL rpm images can be obtained from the AIX Linux Toolbox site:... read more
OpenSSH binaries for AIX 5L are now available at the open source code level of 3.4p1. Version 3.4 contains the modifications for the ISS pre-authentication security advisory. Also, version 3.4 contains complete privilege separation functionality.
A new IBM Redbook is published, titled "Managing AIX Server Farms". Chapter 4 of this book is
about network security and has information about OpenSSH on AIX (section 4.2). It is available
OpenSSH on AIX, version 2.9.9p2, is supported through IBM Program Services. OpenSSH binaries
are available from this website and from the AIX 5L April 2002 Bonus Pack CD.
OpenSSH binaries are available on AIX 5.*. This release is compiled using OpenSSH version
2.9.9p2 code base. It contains NLS support and most importantly, the security patches
for the "uselogin" directive (12/04/2002) and the "off-by-one" error in channel code (03/07/2002).
OpenSSH 2.9.9p2 binaries are available on the AIX 5.1 Bonus Pack. This release contains a National Language Support (NLS) patch file, the message catalog file and a header file.