opensipsctl add:provide email address or not?

2009-01-05
2013-05-09
  • Dear folks,

when I try to add a user (with username and password) to the databese, I get the following failure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensipsctl add 123 123
    email_address cannot be empty or null
    ERROR: introducing the new user '2011' to the database failed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and when I add the user with email address, I get the usage-message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensipsctl add 123 123 123@bla.com

-- command 'add|passwd|rm' - manage subscribers

add <username> <password> .......... add a new subscriber (*)
    passwd <username> <passwd> ......... change user's password (*)
    rm <username> ...................... delete a user (*)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version, which I use, is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensips -V
    version: opensips 1.4.3-tls (i386/linux)
    flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
    ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
    poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
    svnrevision: 2:5076
    @(#) $Id: main.c 4504 2008-07-29 09:55:03Z bogdan_iancu $
    main.c compiled on 10:29:34 Dec 19 2008 with gcc 4.3.2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for help in advance

• I guess your error comes from the a DB restriction - my wild guess is that you have a "email_address" in your table and it is set to NOT NULL......and as opensipsctl does not insert this field anymore, the mysql client is generating the error.

Regards,
      Bogdan