Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Cancel during call setup

gurami
2010-06-21
2013-05-09
  • gurami
    gurami
    2010-06-21

Hello
    My problem is that various softphones act different cancelling a call during the setup.
    With X-Lite canceling works but from other softphones like HTC sipdroid or others connected through the same wlan and routers the call is ongoing and opensips is not transferring the cancel to the switch.
    We are using the following setup:
    Softphones connected to opensips with rtpproxy, calls to pstn are passed to another voipswitch which will handle the calls to the destination.

the CANCEL routine in opensips.cfg

#--- initial requests section ---#
    if (is_method("CANCEL"))
    {
    if (t_check_trans())
    t_relay();
    exit;
    }

Calling the same number from the different softphones behave different.
    Has somebody experineced the same and has some suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

Ueli

• Hi Ueli,

My guess is there is something wrong with the CANCEL generated by other phones and it is not matched by OpenSIPS (from SIP point of view) to the original INVITE - I can check that for you if you post both the INVITE and CANCEL received by opensips from the UAC.

Regards,
    Bogdan

• There is a bug in this "Sipdroid/1.5.1 beta/HTC Hero". As you can see the CANCEL has a different branch ID than the INVITE (which is canceled).

RFC3261 says that CANCEL must have the same branch as INVITE.

Regards,
    Bogdan

• gurami
    gurami
    2010-06-22

Thank you Bogdan for your help. If possible could you please  delete the sip packages from this message or at least scramble the ip addresses. Again, many thanks

Regards Ueli

• I had to delete your post with the traces - couldn't edit :(