Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

OpenSips Xlite Audio Problems

muffy
2010-10-21
2013-05-09
  • muffy
    muffy
    2010-10-21

I built an OpenSIPS server on debian linux. I then connected two computers with xlite softphone on them. They are on the same sub-network as the sip server.

But after session establishment there is no audio between the two clients. What could be the problem

• Anca Vamanu
    Anca Vamanu
    2010-10-22

Hi,

Do you use the linux version of Xlite? Maybe there is something with the drivers used. Anyhow the problem is not with SIP since the session is established and its not a NAT issue.

Regards,
    Anca Vamanu
    www.voice-system.ro

• muffy
    muffy
    2010-10-22

The Xlite is on windows machines

the setup is like so

Xlite (Windows) ----> OpenSips------> Xlite (windows)

• muffy
    muffy
    2010-10-25

So what is the best client to use with OpenSips

• Anca Vamanu
    Anca Vamanu
    2010-10-25

Any SIP client :). Xlite does work, we also used it many times. You can also try twinkle on linux.
    But, I believe that you need to investigate the problem that you have - check the SDP in Invite and 200 OK reply ( the c  and m=audio.. lines), and you will see there the ip and port advertised. You can check with wireshark for example if there is any traffic sent on that port.

Anca

• I use 2 Ubuntu 9.10 boxes.
    Twinkle and Xlite in each box.

Do you know how to use Wireshark tool? Maybe it can help you to analyse your rtp packets.

Marcelo