nortpproxy

Maxx
2012-04-20
2013-05-09
  • Maxx
    Maxx
    2012-04-20

Hi,

I updated my opensips version to 1.7.3 from 1.6.2 and made the necessary migration changes like that rtp offer/answer change. But now "a=nortpproxy:yes" line is added to the SDP's between the last two \r\n 's like this \r\na=nortpproxy:yes\r\n instead of a=nortpproxy:yes\r\n\r\n. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks

• Hi Max,

is 1.7.3 from tarballs or from SVN ? what exact revision is ( opensips -V) ?

Could you post a SIP message before and after opensips ?

Regards,
    Bogdan

• Maxx
    Maxx
    2012-04-20

I am sorry I meant to say 1.7.2 not 3. I used this tarball (http://opensips.org/pub/opensips/1.7.2/src/opensips-1.7.2_src.tar.gz) to compile.

opensips -V shows : opensips 1.7.2-tls (x86_64/linux)

Before (1.6.2) it was doing this to the SDP

m=audio 36220 udp 0\r\n
    a=nortpproxy:yes\r\n\r\n

hence adding that extra line correctly but now  it does (1.7.2)

m=audio 36220 udp 0\r\n
    \r\na=nortpproxy:yes\r\n

which is incorrect

• could you try opensips 1.7.2 from SVN, just to be sure you have the latest sources ?

• Maxx
    Maxx
    2012-04-20

I tried with the latest sources from 1.7 branch, same thing.

I guess it is having a problem with my empty line at the end of the SDP (extra \r\n put on purpose) before being modified

….
    m=audio 36220 udp 0\r\n\r\n

but 1.6.2 didn't have any problem with that.

• so , are you adding from script an extra "\r\n" to the body ?? or…

• Maxx
    Maxx
    2012-04-20

No I am not adding that \r\n in the routing script, it is already in the sdp client sends.

Nevermind, what 1.7.2 does also correct in any case. It seems like 1.6.2 was inserting that  nortpproxy line before the last sdp line but 1.7.2 appends it to the end of the sdp hence my extra \r\n stays in the middle in this new version.

I know it is not normal to have that extra \r\n there it was serving another purpose in my case. But since behaviour of the Opensips is normal I'll take care of it by other means.

Thank you for your time.