From: Andreas Zieringer <amz@ig...> - 2005-09-08 14:15:57
I'm happy to announce the release of OpenSG 1.6.0. We added many new
features and bug fixes. For a more detailed description see
This is the last 1.x feature release. We will add bug fixes to the 1.6
line and perhaps release a 1.6.1. Our main focus lays already on the
2.0.0 release. We are going to release the first beta by the end of this
Some highlights of the 1.6.0 release are:
- CGFX 1.3 support.
- Small Geometry data formats (UInt8,UInt16)
- BalancedMultiWindow: load balancing cluster
- Color and distortion calibration (cluster only right now)
- completely new Text implementation.
- new even faster tri stripper.
Some highlights of the upcoming 2.0.0 release are:
- removed begin/endEditCP's
- completely rewritten Geometry with vertex buffer objects support.
- reduced memory consumption.
- frame buffer objects support.
- completely rewritten render action.
Visit http://www.opensg.org for information and download instructions.
Andreas Zieringer amz@...
Fraunhofer IGD - A4 phone +49 (0)6151 155 289
Fraunhoferstr. 5 fax +49 (0)6151 155 196
D-64283 Darmstadt http://www.igd.fhg.de/www/igd-a4