Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem with basic setup

Help
Stefan
2013-09-11
2013-09-19
  • Stefan
    Stefan
    2013-09-11

Hey guys,

i wish to integrate OSS to my doku wiki. I have to say i am not the best in web programming yet, but i am willing to learn.

So i downloaded and unzipped the open search server 1.4.

I am trying to set it up this way, that OSS will craw a folder, making an index of all the pdf's inside and let me search for words in them.

So i created a new index for file crawling and typed in the path for the file crawler. After starting the craling process i realized, that the crawler found my file but the parser didnt passed and so there not getting indexed.
    Atfer reading the forum a little bit, there was the information to use the ICE pdf parser instead the PDFbox.
    I tried to set it up on, that it will be used on fail after pdfBox.
    But after creating the new parser i wanted to add the field mapping, which is in my understanding important for getting the search working with the files the ICE pdf parsed.
    But there is no option to add new filed mappings for me. I can choose the mapping with the two drop down boxes, but i cannot add them.
    Ignoring the mapping problem, a search try with the default renderer is not giving me the needed result. Only when i search for the name of a pdf file, i get a hit.

May someone can show me my mistake or tell me how to archive the result i want?

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards
    Stefan

• Naveen A.N
    Naveen A.N
    2013-09-13

Hello Stefan,

May i know which "Template" do you choose while creating the index?
    Do you get any error message while clicking the "Add" button after selecting the parser field and schema field?

Naveen.A.N

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2013-09-13

Hi Naveen,

I hope I am not missunterstanding the information you need.

When I am creating an index, I choose the "file crawler" template.

An error message?
    When I create the new parser, there is no error message. While adding a supported extension "pdf" I get the message, that it already is taken.
    No error while adding the MIME type.
    In the field mapping there is just no "add" button to add the selected fields to the list.
    " content linked to content" e.g. No add button.

So there are no error messages I noticed so far but maybe I have forgotten an important step? Maybe it is beacuse i am totally new to this subject and i did a mistake in between the setup?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Stefan

Last edit: Stefan 2013-09-18
    • Stefan
      Stefan
      2013-09-19

Any suggestions?

• Naveen A.N
    Naveen A.N
    2013-09-19

Hello Stefan,

Sorry for the late reply.

It seems there is an browser issue.Because you said there is no "Add" button in the "Parser list/Field Mapping". Can u try it in different browser?
    Please find the screenshot of the field Mapping and check you have the same thing?

Are you sure the PDF's are crawled and not indexed?

We are available in the IRC chat too you can feel free to ping us there.
    http://www.open-search-server.com/irc/

Naveen.A.N

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2013-09-19

Hi Naveen,

thank you very much for your reply.

No problem for the late reply, i needed to freeze the project till today anyways.

I tried a new browser and that was the problem!
    Now i got the 'add' and can parse, index and search through my pdf's.

Thanks for your help, now i can try setting up OSS!

Best Regards

Stefan