How to install

Help
2007-02-21
2013-04-26
  • Jose Enrique
    Jose Enrique
    2007-02-21

Hello!!!
    I'm new in web reporting. So, I have researched about a tool like Crystal Report based on Web Reporting and OpenRPT has many of my requirements.
    I already downloaded openrpt-2.0.0-source.tar.bz2, but I don't see for anywhere how I can install it. Please, if someone may provide documentations that indicate me how to do a acceptable installation I appreciate you.

• Kibroo
      Kibroo
      2007-05-06

I am facing the same problem. Can anyone down there help

Thanks in advance

• Chris Ryan
        Chris Ryan
        2007-05-07

If you download a precompiled version then you should just have to extract the executables and supporting files and run the application. If you want to compile from the source then you need to install and have properly setup and configured Qt4 with Qt3support. With that requirement met you can run qmake; make; in the openrpt directory and it will compile the entire toolset and libraries for openrpt.

• trevor
      trevor
      2007-07-15

OK.  So how does one install and properly configure Qt4 with Qt3 support?

• Chris Ryan
        Chris Ryan
        2007-07-17

When you compile Qt there is a configuration option -qt3support which should be the default. This creates a Qt3Support library and enables a few other backward compatibility support features. While I don't use precompiled version of Qt I would imagine most should come with that functionality already enabled.

Chris