Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem compiling with Ubuntu Breezy

Help
spin
2005-12-04
2013-04-26
  • spin
    spin
    2005-12-04

After downloading source and starting compilation with Ubuntu Breezy I get this errors:

make[1]: Entering directory `/download/src/database/openrpt-1.1.1beta-source/MetaSQL'
    g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I../common -I/usr/include/qt3 -Itmp/ -I. -Itmp/ -o tmp/main.o main.cpp
    /usr/include/qt3/qsqldatabase.h:63: warning: ‘class QSqlDriverCreatorBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
    main.cpp:64: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘QStyle’
    /usr/include/qt3/qstyle.h:122: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘QStyle’:
    /usr/include/qt3/qstyle.h:139: note:  virtual void QStyle::polishPopupMenu(QPopupMenu*)

After commenting offendig statement compilation is proceding to another error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/download/src/database/openrpt-1.1.1beta-source/OpenRPT/renderer'
    g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DMAKELIB -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I../common -I../../common -I/usr/include/qt3 -Itmp/ -Itmp/ -o tmp/openreports.o openreports.cpp
    ../common/querysource.h:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘QuerySourceList’ with no type
    ../common/querysource.h:47: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
    /usr/include/qt3/qsqldatabase.h:63: warning: ‘class QSqlDriverCreatorBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
    make[1]: *** [tmp/openreports.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/download/src/database/openrpt-1.1.1beta-source/OpenRPT/renderer'
    make: *** [sub-OpenRPT-renderer] Error 2

How can I make for compiling OpenRPT ?

Regards
    Franco

• Chris Ryan
      Chris Ryan
      2005-12-05

Franco,

I am not sure about all of the errors you are getting. A few of them look to be Qt source related but it's hard to say. I do know that we have had a report about a problem with gcc 4 that one of messages seemed to be related to. in OpenRPT/common/querysource.h you have to add the following line right before the class QuerySource definition:

class QuerySourceList;

This should correct one of the problems you are encountering and may have a domino effect on the others though I am sure about this.