Help
tredlie
2005-11-21
2013-04-26
  • tredlie
    tredlie
    2005-11-21

Hello out there
    OpenRPT does really look like something, already the user's guide at more than 200 pages!!
    However, I did get stuck with the installation.
    First, I down loaded the binaries: openrpt-1.1.1beta-rhel3.tar.bz2
    With no further information: I managed to start:
    /usr/local/src/openrpt-1.1.1beta-rhel3/OpenRPT.bin

libssl.so.4 for seems to be missing (which indeed it does).
    error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Prior to this I managed to fire up the GUI but could not connect to the database:eg(eno,efabis): /usr/local/src/openrpt-1.1.1beta-rhel3/OpenRPT.bin
    QSqlDatabase: QPSQL7 driver not loaded

In short: can we get the package requirements from somewhere and more info regarding installation?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings

• Chris Ryan
      Chris Ryan
      2005-11-21

Each of the binary files that are included in the download comes with a script to run it. In this case the script OpenRPT is a script that you can run for the OpenRPT.bin executable. The scripts sets up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include the directory the file is running in so that the executable can find the included library files.

In regards to the libssl.so.4 this is not included with the binaries as it is part of the RedHat Enterprise Server 3 release that the binaries were created on. The file you are missing either is not available at all or is a different version than what is required. If you install OpenSSL packages this should provide you with the libraries you need. OpenSSL-0.9.7a is the version installed on the system used to create the files.

There may be additional libraries as well but I am not familiar enough with the various packages that may be need nor do I wish to include the extensive list of libraries that are loaded at run. If you have the ldd tool you can run it against the .bin files and the other library files distributed with the release to get that list.

Your other alternative would be to compile the sources on your target OS.

Chris Ryan