Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Project Status

Peter Nice
2005-10-18
2013-04-26
  • Peter Nice
    Peter Nice
    2005-10-18

Apparently, this project is dead?

• Ned Lilly
      Ned Lilly
      2005-10-18

Nope, alive and well, thank you.  Do you have a question about the product?

• Peter Nice
      Peter Nice
      2005-10-18

Perhaps; I have a project that could use a report engine such as this and would like to contribute, but I'm concerned that there hasn't been a cvs ci for 5 months and the last release of the application was in April.  Someone asked a similar question in May, but there hasn't been much motion since then, either.  Do you now have PDF support in the application?

• Ned Lilly
        Ned Lilly
        2005-10-18

We'd welcome your involvement - while there hasn't been much new development in recent months, there have been thousands of people who downloaded and used the existing product.

OpenMFG has been extremely busy with its core ERP product, and several of the community people who expressed interest in contributing have been tied up with other things (including the potential PDF contributor).

How can we help you, and what would you be able to contribute to the project?

Regards,
        Ned

• Peter Nice
          Peter Nice
          2005-10-20

Ned,

Can you use my help?  I'd like to help move this project along, if only for my own use.

• Ned Lilly
            Ned Lilly
            2005-10-20

Absolutely!  What would you like to work on?  I gather you've seen our todo list on the homepage?

Thanks very much,
            Ned

• Peter Nice
      Peter Nice
      2005-10-18

I've done quite a bit with coding PDF libraries and WYSIWYG applications, including a report renderer in the past.  I've been hacking with KDE so I understand Qt as well as the next guy.