Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

linux source

Mile
2005-06-09
2013-04-26
  • Mile
    Mile
    2005-06-09

I've extracted openrpt-1.1.1beta-source.tar.bz2 on Linux. I saw only sources! No Makefiles were there! How can I create  executable file?

• Kjell
      Kjell
      2005-06-09

Hi.

OpenRPT is created with QT, and it uses Qmake to generate the makefiles.

To install on linux you have to do this:
      # qmake
      # make

I have built this on debian, and Ubuntu.

best regards

Kjell

• Jeremy Whiting
        Jeremy Whiting
        2007-04-24

builds, but wont run.

We are using qt 4.2.3 here, and evaluating your product.  It seems like it will do what we want it to, but those of us on linux are having trouble running the writer.  All actions don't do anything, probably because of this:

Object::connect: No such signal QAction::activated()
        Object::connect:  (sender name:   'file exit')
        Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'OpenMFG: Report Writer')
        Object::connect:  (sender name:   'file new')
        Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'report handler')
        Object::connect:  (sender name:   'file open')
        Object::connect:  (sender name:   'file save')
        Object::connect:  (sender name:   'file save as')

kind of stuff we get when trying to run.

the last post I saw about qt3->qt4 conversion was middle of last year, is this something we should try to fix for ourselves for those of us running linux?  Or is there some other updated sources that resolve this that just aren't on the site (CVS or something)

Regards,
        Jeremy Whiting

• Chris Ryan
          Chris Ryan
          2007-04-24

I use linux primarily for development of the code so there should be no problem there. Additionally I am using 4.2.3 as well. CVS is more up-to-date than what is in the download section. It, however, sounds like your problem is a lack of the Qt3 Support module. The code still uses the backwards compatibility libraries work correctly. If you (re)compile your qt libraries with the Qt3Support and (re)compile the openrpt project it should work correctly.

Chris Ryan

• Jeremy Whiting
            Jeremy Whiting
            2007-04-24

Yeah, we have Qt3Support built in, but I think the problem is that it's using QAction instead of Q3Action.  QAction doesn't have any activated signal, but Q3Action does.

Also, the writer interface has no icons on the tool buttons, and none of the menu options do anything.  I'm using openrpt-2.0.0-source.tar.bz2  I guess CVS has a lot more (maybe all) done then?

• Chris Ryan
              Chris Ryan
              2007-04-24

That is very odd. If you could, please, try with the code in CVS that would be great. For comparison I am using CentOS4 with a source build of Qt4.2.3 where I used the following configuration options:

/usr/local/src/qt-x11-commercial-src-4.2.3/configure -plugin-sql-psql -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libjpeg -release

With my PATH and QTDIR environment variables setup I compile using a simple qmake; make.

The released 2.0.0 version of OpenRPT was done with Qt4.0 so I wonder if there has been some changes in the libraries that were simply addressed in CVS. Any information you can provide about your setup and any differences you are seeing would be great.

Chris Ryan

• Jeremy Whiting
                Jeremy Whiting
                2007-04-24

our qt 4.2.3 is built with the following:

./configure -prefix $(QTDIR) -static -qt-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-sql-mysql

I'll try with the cvs code later.

• Chris Ryan
                  Chris Ryan
                  2007-04-25

I noticed that in your config you have the -no-qt3support option. If you still have problems with the CVS code you may want to reconfigure your qt without that option to see if it makes a difference.

• k3nz0o
      k3nz0o
      2007-05-28

[rama@RAMA openrpt-2.0.0-source]$ qmake
      [rama@RAMA openrpt-2.0.0-source]$ ls
      common/  COPYING  global.pri  graph/  Makefile  MetaSQL/  OpenRPT/  openrpt.pro  README
      [rama@RAMA openrpt-2.0.0-source]$ make
      cd common && qmake common.pro -o Makefile
      WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of login.cpp (login.cpp) in SOURCES
      WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of login.h (login.h) in HEADERS
      WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of loginOptions.cpp (loginOptions.cpp) in SOURCES
      WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of loginOptions.h (loginOptions.h) in HEADERS
      cd common && make -f Makefile
      make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rama/Download/Programming/OpenRPT/openrpt-2.0.0-source/common'
      Makefile:208: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/login.o'
      Makefile:179: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/login.o'
      Makefile:214: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/loginOptions.o'
      Makefile:185: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/loginOptions.o'
      Makefile:223: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/moc_login.o'
      Makefile:217: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/moc_login.o'
      Makefile:226: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/moc_loginOptions.o'
      Makefile:220: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/moc_loginOptions.o'
      Makefile:235: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/moc_login.cpp'
      Makefile:229: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/moc_login.cpp'
      Makefile:238: warning: overriding commands for target `tmp/moc_loginOptions.cpp'
      Makefile:232: warning: ignoring old commands for target `tmp/moc_loginOptions.cpp'
      /usr/lib/qt3//bin/uic login.ui -o tmp/login.h
      uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (4.0 vs. 3.3.8)
      make[1]: *** [tmp/login.h] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rama/Download/Programming/OpenRPT/openrpt-2.0.0-source/common'
      make: *** [sub-common] Error 2

• Gil
        Gil
        2007-05-29

The fix for the build error is indicated by the following two lines of output:

> /usr/lib/qt3//bin/uic login.ui -o tmp/login.h
        > uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (4.0 vs. 3.3.8)

The latest OpenRPT sources have been edited with Qt 4 while k3nz0o is using Qt 3. Try downloading a more recent version of Qt. You can find a list of download sites for Qt 4.2.3 at
             http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/x11