Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

reservation problem

Help
Rod Bustos
2011-10-11
2014-02-03
  • Rod Bustos
    Rod Bustos
    2011-10-11

I'm having a weird issue with our test instance of OpenRoom.   Sometimes when a user makes a reservation, it is not changing the grid to green to indicate a reservation has been made.   Also, when a user tries to make a reservation for the current day that is within 4 or 5 hrs ahead of the current time, they are getting a message saying they cannot make a reservation in the past.

Any idea what might be causing this?  I have checked the system time on the computer where OpenRoom is running and it is correct.

• Robert Seaton
    Robert Seaton
    2011-11-02

I'm not sure why the grid isn't changing colors correctly. Does the grid ever show up correctly after refreshing, or on another computer? Or does the reservation never show up? Does the user receive an email confirmation for the reservation?

Can you make a test PHP file on your server with this:

<?php
        echo date("r e I");
    ?>

And post the result (along with the actual current date and time you ran the code)? Even if the system time is correct, there could be a weird time zone issue going on. I'm wondering if this might possibly be causing the first problem as well.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! Hopefully this will lead us in the right direction to fixing these problems.

• kumarjohn
    kumarjohn
    2014-01-26

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. When user makes the reservation he is getting the confirmation mail that room is reserved but it does not change to green color.

I Ran the test PHP file and Below is output.

tstuser@openrooms:~# php test.php
    PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are >required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. 2
    Mon, 27 Jan 2014 06:51:25 +0000 UTC

Kindly suggest.

• Robert Seaton
    Robert Seaton
    2014-02-03

As a sort of stopgap measure, can you disable PHP warnings on your server? In OpenRoom's current state, those can cause all sorts of problems.

If not, it's possible to set the time zone in one of the included PHP files and that should fix it.