Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

ssh mgmt of existing linux hosts

2013-12-10
2013-12-19
  • goldberghere
    goldberghere
    2013-12-10

Hi, I am new to openQRM and I'm not sure which packages/plugins I need to deploy in order to utilize the functionality. So I did install openQRM, accessed the web interface all is great! What I'm looking to do is access multiple linux hosts via ssh and execute bash shell scripts against them. I'm not looking to build new hosts, just manage my existing devices. Also, there will be mutiple ppl runnings the jobs against these hosts so thats why I'm looking for a web interface and trying to make this as easy as possible. Thanks for the assistance!

Last edit: goldberghere 2013-12-10
  • Matt
    Matt
    2013-12-10

Hi goldberghere,

welcome to openQRM!

I would like to recommend to use the "local-server" plugin to get your existing Hosts into openQRM. Then you can simply use :

/usr/share/openqrm/bin/openqrm login -i [ip-address-of-your-host] [command]

If you are looking for automation then the new "Ansible" plugin in openQRM Enterprise 5.1.1. is exactly what you want.

hope it helps!

Many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

• goldberghere
    goldberghere
    2013-12-11

Hi Matt, thanks for the quick response.
    I'll try out the ansible and if I have any other questions, I'll post them.

Have a great day!

• goldberghere
    goldberghere
    2013-12-13

Hi Matt, is 5.1.1 only avai via the enterprise edition? I'm working with the community version so thats why I'm asking.
    If its the ent. edition, how would I go about getting the plugin in the community edition, beta copy or wait till its released?

• Matt
    Matt
    2013-12-19

Hi again goldberhere,

yes, for now the new Ansible Support for openQRM is only available in the Enterprise Edition. It will take some time until it gets released to the Community Edition. If you do not want to wait I would like to kindly suggest to contact openQRM Enterprise and get an openQRM Enterprise Edition Evaluation to see if this is what you are looking for.

Many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM