Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

openindiana plugins (replace opensolaris)

Anonymous
2011-02-05
2013-04-13

• Anonymous
    2011-02-05

Hi,
         im not a coder but i modify the opensolaris plugin to get work with openindiana comstar architecture. Maybe its work with nextastor too. So how i shared it with u? it's the first time i do this kind of job. I corrected some typo in opensolaris plugin too. And make work the snapshot clone button.

• Matt
    Matt
    2011-02-07

Hi

:) sounds great!!

If you would like to share we have several options :
    1) become an project member and get svn access
    2) send a patch
    3) send the plugin code

In case of 2) or 3) we will then make the plugin code available in the svn.

many thanks + have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

• PCaddict
    PCaddict
    2011-02-08

I put the modify files in the folder form the svn i download. tar and gzip the complete folder. So you can download the file here
    http://www.em-communication.com/zfs-storage.tar.gz

• Matt
    Matt
    2011-02-08

Hi again pcaddict,

:) great, downloaded it. Will take a look on it soon. Eventually we should re-name it to openindia-storage !?
    Planned to be included in openQRM soon.

Big thanks for your contribution !!

enjoy + stay tuned,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

• PCaddict
    PCaddict
    2011-02-08

some info of how it's work. I keep the philosophy of one target per image. He create a target group and a host group for each iscsi target create. And add the initiator to the host group. And add the Logicial unit to the target group create. And the target have a IQN name that can point out the good one. like by default iqn.1986-00.com.oqt:01:(POOL)-(ZFS NAME)

• PCaddict
    PCaddict
    2011-02-11

hi i just figure out that i not send you the right files is a old not working version of the files. I will upload the new one with the right files this afternoon and i will put the link here. Sorry!

• JonD9
    JonD9
    2012-01-09

Is the link posted the valid plugin or is there somewhere else to download it from?

• Matt
    Matt
    2012-01-15

not sure, did not heard anything back from him.

many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM