Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
I've been reading through the various docs on this site and trying to get my head around all the details of installation and configuration of OpenQRM. I know the project is still young and there seems to be a lot of effort to make the documentation as complete as possible, but I've come across a few things that I thought I'd mention/ask about.
1. In the Quick Start Guide, the section that describes the DHCP configuration is not entirely clear. Where it mentions the next-server line, it says "[tftp-server-ip/qrm-server-ip]". Is that saying that if you use a separate tftp server to use that IP, otherwise to use the OpenQRM server IP?
2. Later in that same document, under "Creating a custom boot-image", the command to create the boot image is given without clear explanations of what the options mean. I know these are described elsewhere, but it would be really helpful to have them explained in this context.
3. Again, under "Creating a custom filesystem-image" there is no clear explanation of the options.
4. The next section covers virtual environments but it's not really clear what, exactly, a virtual environment is in the context of OpenQRM. In fact, this is a more general issue with a number of the concepts in these docs. Some sort of system overview and/or, at the very least, a glossary would be helpful.
5. Under "Network setup", it explains to setup a separate VLAN for the OpenQRM network. Why? I think I know why, but some explanation of this would be helpful. Also, does this specifically need to be a VLAN or will any other isolated net do?
More soon on some of the other documentation... ;~)
FYI, I’ve moved this post to:
Please respond to this posting there.