Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Adding Physical KVM Hypervisors

2013-03-15
2013-04-13
  • James Scollard
    James Scollard
    2013-03-15

I grabbed this tool thinking it would allow me to manage multiple physical KVM servers using local storage from one interface but have been unable to add them.  When I try to add a resource the GUI tells me that I need to add an appliance, but why I try to add an appliance the only resource that I can use is the local openQRM server.  These are newly installed KVM servers with nothing on them and I would be fine with even PXE booting from the management node but have not figured out how to set that up yet and the documentation is somewhat spotty so far.
    I have wandered around the docs and this forum but have not found what I am looking for yet.

Thanks.

• James Scollard
    James Scollard
    2013-03-15

At this time I am without a valid way to manage remote kvm servers in a gui.  I was under the impression that this was solved by several products by now.  Strange.

• Matt
    Matt
    2013-03-15

A simple way is to enalble and start the "local-server" plugin.
    How to integrate a remote system is explained in the help section of the plugin.
    -> then set the Virtualization type to e.g. KVM Host or KVM-Storage Host and there you go

many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM