Centos +Cpanel + Openqrm - Discussion anyone?

sven30
2009-10-23
2013-04-13
  • sven30
    sven30
    2009-10-23

Hi everyone,

I've started working and testing in openqrm 4.6 and am going to be deploying several cpanel appliances using openqrm.  I'm using xen 3.3.0 and installed cpanel on a xen Centos vps manually so far and it's looking pretty good.  However, we're not done testing at all and haven't used openqrm along side it yet.  So,  I would like to start a discussion currently or in the future about openqrm and Cpanel deployment mainly for web hosting companies to benefit.  If you're interested, please post your latest experiences (Good and Bad) with Openqrm+cpanel/centos images.  If it's a bad experience, please don't post negative comments, just explain your issues you had as to educate future openqrm/cpanel users like myself and others.

• Matt
    Matt
    2009-10-29

Hi sven30,

:) nice, we actually have a feature request open to integrate some web-management tool like Cpanel.
    There are basically 3 (or more)  options :
    - using a pre-configured Cpanel Server image and just clone this for deployment
    - creating a puppet recipe to automatically install + setup Cpanel on a deployed system.
    - creating a Cpanel plugin which takes care to setup Cpanel on the managed systems via a plugin boot-service

To my mind a puppet recipe would be the easiest + fastest solution.
    What do you think ?

many thanks + have a nice day,

Matt

• sven30
    sven30
    2009-11-09

Hey Matt,   I think using a cpanel+centos 5.4 pre-configured Server image for cloning is the best option for us (or at least most familiar anyway:)

This week I'd like to do more testing with it.

Thanks!
    Ben

• Matt
    Matt
    2009-11-11

:) cool, enjoy

greetz + best,

Matt

•  CVGEEKS
    CVGEEKS
    2010-08-30

Matt,
    What about control panels like ispconfig 3, any thoughts on deployment for this? Would puppet work as well?