Is development stopped?

Help
Thomas
2011-12-15
2013-05-15
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    2011-12-15

As far as I can see the current release v1.4 is from year 2008.

is there no further development?

When will be the next release otherwise?

Thomas

• Paul Corbett
    Paul Corbett
    2012-01-04

Development has started again as of 12/2011. There is no new release date set, yet.

• Greg Harder
    Greg Harder
    2012-01-05

If you are interested in contributing to the project we are happy to have you join the team.  Please drop us a note.

• Arnie
    Arnie
    2012-01-15

If I am not a programer, but a user. Is there a way I can help? I have been using openproj for a couple years and would like keep it alive and well.

• Paul Corbett
    Paul Corbett
    2012-01-16

There are a few ways you could help:

1) First and most important. When we have a beta ready, you could try it out and report back any bugs found.

2) If you know any other languages, you could help with text translation.

Please keep checking back for news.

• Juergen Bruns
    Juergen Bruns
    2012-01-16

I am a German Trainer for OpenProj (and MS Project MCTS)  and  wrote a German manual for OpenProj.
    I would be happy to assist you as a Beta-Tester and with translation to German. The 1.4 Version has some very strange translations and for some tables and menues there ain't no translations at all.

• DRA
    DRA
    2012-01-16

If You are going to look at new updates for the program - I have a request.

MS Project have a feature, that allows to include another project (file) as a task. This way a Master project can include (as a link) sub-projects via a project file, as a new task in the Master project.
    This is very useful if a project consists of several different areas of interest - which is managed by several people as well. Then You are able to easily add the individual project plans into a Master plan by linking to the sub-projects project-file. And when a sub-project is changed/updated - then the Master can automatically update with the renewed data from the sub-project file.

• Jürgen
    Jürgen
    2012-02-21

I'm also interested in a further development of open project as I changed my systems to linux and the possibility to exchange files with ms project users is not really well developed

• Tahoeob
    Tahoeob
    2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre