OpenProj 1.4 won't save start date

Help
2009-09-14
2013-05-15
  • Chris Harrison
    Chris Harrison
    2009-09-14

I am OpenProj 1.4 on BSD.  I am unable to change the start date on any tasks, either on existing projects or new projects.  Is this version broken?  Thanks.  CH

• TimJowers
    TimJowers
    2011-07-28

Still doesn't work. Scenario:
    1. Add a new task. Date defaults to Mon 8/1 (today is Thur 7/28)
    2. Click on start date and chose an earlier date in popup calendar. Reverts to 8/1. (Bug? Feature?)
         2.b. Chosing a later date works!
         2.c. Need to chose earlier dates for tasks which are already started by the team.
    3. Choosing "Must Start on" and setting a "Constraint Date" in Advanced tab was working sometimes but does not work now.

B. Project->Project Information: Start is 12/8/2010 which is last year.

Anyone know how to set the date in Open Proj?

• TimJowers
    TimJowers
    2011-07-28

The bug has something to do with the dates of the last task or the containing task I think. After assiging percents to all 6 tasks then I was able to change the dates on 5 of the six tasks.

So, I just made a new task below the one I could never change. It can be set correctly. The one I could never change looks identical except its date can't be changed (checked by double clicking and viewing all tabs of both)!  Welp, no biggie. I guess its just a bug.

• Anonymous
    2013-01-24

this program is buggy!!! really difficult to manage real projects.
    I can't change a finish date all of a sudden, no support, little reply to questions in the forum…
    It really is uneasy to use.
    Hope there is smtg with project management and gantt available online, but so far the two are not combined in asana or do.com … any help?

• Juergen Bruns
    Juergen Bruns
    2013-01-24

You'd better use the new release ProjectLibre 1.5.
    I have used OpenProj and ProjectLibre for managing medium size projects since more than 5 years and am quite happy with this. However, you need to understand Project Management. If not, no software in the world will help you to manage projects.