Java Version Issue

Help
2012-03-06
2013-05-15
  • Hi,

I've recently upgraded the version of Java on my Windows 7 box to 7.0.30 and Openproj no longer opens my .pod files

I think this may be due to the new version reporting itself to Openproj as Oracle rather than Sun java

Is there any way I can work round this (except installing an earlier version of java)?

I tried installing both 6.0.310 and 7.0.30 but Openproj finds the newest version.

Regards,

Steve

• I downgraded Java to 6.0.310 but other programmes that I use (e.g. Webex) are now complaining that the version is too old and won't allow me to run without upgrading Java again.

This is a real pain!!

• Tahoeob
    Tahoeob
    2012-03-13

Hey there….I am  a co-founder of OpenProj. My other co-founder and I are hopefully going to get back involved…..the OpenProj  code has really not been update in the past 4 years sine we got acquired. There was a recent minor update causing many issues. 

• Thanks for the reply.
    Hopefully you can get a fix soon.
    I also have a similar issue when I try to run OpenProj on CentOS. It doesn't like the fact that it is not called Sun Java any more.
    Regards,

Steve

• A script called openproj is running all the verification but when you check all the requisites, it called a funtion named

run_openproj

that forms the next cmd line:

$java -Xms128m -Xmx768m -jar openproj.jar

the openproj.jar run its checkout and review that the vendor is not Sun is oracle and fails.

The solution is correct openproj.jar or how to tell to the openproj.jar that java vendor is Sun and not oracle.

Java programmers help!

• marek.
    marek.
    2012-07-19

Having Java 6 installed, modify the OpenProj1.4.0.ini file:

Maximum Version=1.6
    JVM Type=favor_client
    Minimum Version=1.5

Using Java 6 solved my problem and opened the .pod file

• Denis Golovin
    Denis Golovin
    2012-07-24

java -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc." -jar openproj.jar

• Kunkunur
    Kunkunur
    2012-08-17

Thanks @dgolovin. That works.

• Tahoeob
    Tahoeob
    2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

• Hi!

To open openproject , please add this lines in /usr/bin/openproj .
    Go to line 158 . See this example

run_openproj() {
    158         if  && ; then
    159                 "$JAVA_EXE" $JAVA_OPTS -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc." -jar "$OPENPROJ_HOME/openproj.jar" $ARGS > "$LOG_FILE"
    160         else
    161                 "$JAVA_EXE" $JAVA_OPTS -jar "$OPENPROJ_HOME/openproj.jar" $ARGS > /dev/null 2>&1
    162         fi

163 }

Thanks @kunkunur