Problem with .mpp file import: URGENT HELP!

Help
vallabh CS
2008-07-18
2013-05-15
  • vallabh CS
    vallabh CS
    2008-07-18

Hi,

When I imported .MPP files into OpenProj, the datelines had completely got shifted.Though I had set the calendar to the same as in MS Proj., even the number of days calculated for individual tasks is incorrect. For example, a project that starts on 25/06/08 and ends on 22/01/2009, when imported to OpenProj, has the end date changed to 18/05/2009. This throws the entire schedule out of gear

These were projects sent to us by project consultants.I also tried converting the files into MS Proj 2003 and XML formats, still the imported file in OpenProj was in error. However, I made a new project in MS Proj 2007 and imported it - it came in well.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? what could be wrong?

cheers
    -vallabh

• Victor Miranda
      Victor Miranda
      2008-07-18

I am not sure if the problem is the same, but OpenProj did not take into account the vacations of the team.
      In MS Proj., the dates are automatically shifted out.  It did not happen with OpenProj.

• MLewis
    MLewis
    2010-06-04

I just posted the same issue of the dates shifting and task completion percentages going from 100% to 60% in OpenProj.  When I set the calendar in OpenProj I marked all holidays so calendars were identical.  All resources have this same calendar (no vacations) and still everything (percentages & dates) shift.  

• John Bond
    John Bond
    2011-03-10

I'm seeing a similar problem with importing MS Project 2007 files.  The dates are way out of wack. I have a test case project with 3 tasks and they all start this week and end in one month.  When I open the files in openproj the starting date is aug. 1984. 

• 2011-08-05

For anyone with the same issues:

I had the same "1984" issue with MS Project 2007 .mpp files. OpenProj would not open 2000-2003 or 2010 .mpp's or .mpx versions  of the same file.

My workaround was to export the project file using MS Project to .xml and then import that via OpenProj. Everythign was imported correctly (as far as I can tell).

• Tahoeob
    Tahoeob
    2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre