Menu

New Release?

2008-07-28
2013-04-23
  • Gregor Rosenauer

Is a new release planned? (Last is from Dec. 2007)
    Is there any plan on features for the next release? Esp. A4-support would be very appreciated here in Europe:)
    Because of missing A4-support, pages are cut off but otherwise look OK, so it's a pity the paper size is not supported.
    Other than that, OpenPCLViewer is really a great contribution to the OS-community (the one and only of its kind), so I really hope development will continue.

I recently opened a 3000+ pages PCL-document that the closed-source but free PCLViewer for Windows would not open completely (2000 pages only), so that one goes to OpenPCLViewer:) (although please do include a progress bar when opening large files...).

• Marco

Marco - 2008-10-29

Great app! keep up the good work :)

And I agree with Rosso, A4 support would be apreciated :)

I know this is not the proper place for feature requests. but a 'text' view would also be nice. To check for 'custom' esc codes.... outpout might look like this:

<ESC>+~S                                         
      <ESC>+~S                                          
      <ESC>*p2096X                                      Horizontal Position (2096 Units)
      <ESC>*p975Y                                       Vertical Position (975 Units)
      <ESC>*r1A                                         Start Raster Graphics: Current Cursor
      <ESC>*b2M                                         Set Raster Compression Mode: Tagged Image File Format V4.0
      <ESC>*b138W[]                                     Transfer Raster Data (by Row): 138 Bytes
      <ESC>*b139W[]                                     Transfer Raster Data (by Row): 139 Bytes

where the first 2 escapes are 'custom' commands for this particular printer.

• Stan the Man

Stan the Man - 2009-12-08

Hi,
    This is a nice start on a project that addresses some functionality that is really needed. After trying out vers 0.9, my wish list would be that it could open big file (perhaps "chinking" them would help) and a search function.
    'Looking forward to your next release.
    Stan

• JimG3216

JimG3216 - 2010-01-14

How big is big?  It can easily support a pcl of 100 pages but if thousands would require some significant changes.  I'm not familiar with "chinking".   With 'Search', do you mean to be able to search a text string within the rendered image?

• Dylan666

Dylan666 - 2017-03-07

Is this project still alive?