Here the customer site was using the OpenORB-1.3.1 from past few years. Code was written for that. JDK was recently up versioned to JDK-1.5_014. Previously there was a COMM_FAILURE error. It was fixed by this new JDK version. Hence new JDK was applied. But Corba related code changes are not done. Also in jdk we increased the memory size from 8k.
After the application of this JDK version from application side every 3-4 days the GUI goes to hung state at this stage customer need to restart all the services. Once they restart, this error will disappear and the system comes to normal state. In the logs we see the below mentioned error messages.
Hence I was checking about the Root cause for this error.
Do we need to tune the java processes? Is this is Java process issue?
Here It was found the corba is using high CPU load average. We tested by launching GUI and sending the notifications.Some Java threads will be left in the run queue.
1.Will there be any memory leak in corba? If yes when it will occur? How can we identify the corba memory leak and is there any solution to fix this.
2. The java threads which are created are left in the runnable or running queue. Hence the LWP's are keep on increasing. Is this is caused by the clients not handling the code properly and threads are not killed? How we can correct this. Is there any tool to identify corba memory lea.
Please help me with any pointers to above mentioned problems.
* For Naming service, client(GUI) needs to ask ORB to get the server object reference and send request and get response, Server doesn't have knowledge about how ORB handle the details of communication, that is one of reasons why we use CORBA but not pure socket call. Is this statement is correct?
* For Notification service, is there any configuration inside ORB which can let us to set the number of max threads? Is there Any Solution for this.
* Is there any tool that can be used to identify the Corba threads and how it communicates on Solaris 9/10. how to check the name sevices and notification services are correct.
* I tried to use your kit as per suggestion but
I am getting the error .
On 98d its throwing below error.
wcars98d:/yjp-7.5.9/bin> ./ yjp.sh
bash: ./: is a directory
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Caused by: java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
... 5 more
Rashmi Chidambara Rao.