More invalid class string help!

Help
pupp
2014-04-29
2014-05-02
  • pupp
    pupp
    2014-04-29

I have 2 opc servers. siemens insight opc server and a winpm opc server. the python mod works great with the insight server. i can connect fine and read values.

my issue is with the winpm opc server.

please note that i have the gateway service on both systems. all client side is from a linux box with the python mod.

when i attempted to open the client to the winpm server, i get the OpenOPC.OPCError: Dispatch: Invalid class string error.

i've ran through many of the suggestions in other posts but can't seem to find my issue. the gateway service installs and starts just fine on the winpm server. as a test i installed the graybox simulator and the datahub (cogent) simulators. when i restart the service and try again, i still do not see any servers available from my linux box. i even tried local via the windows opc executable. nothing is picking up the servers.

and finally, i took the datahub client (not simulator) and tried to connect to my opc server on the winpm box. all severs show up just find. i can connect and stream point values.

any ideas what i might be missing here?

thanks

• install 32-bit python on gateway machine w/ 32-bit pywin32 and 32-bit automation dll. then make sure graybox dll is registered (syswow32/regsvr32.exe). never was able to get it working as 64 bit.

Last edit: SpinelliCreations 2014-04-30
  • pupp
    pupp
    2014-05-02

not sure what was happening but i simply reinstalled the opc gateway and it worked. no idea as to why it didn't work the first time. seems the winpm opc service uses the graybox driver. thanks for the help.