problem connecting to INAT TcpIpH1 OPC Server

2010-08-06
2013-05-30
  • Hello, great project, but I'm having some difficulties connecting to a INAT OPC Server. btw. the Matricon OPC Simulation Server can be contacted without any problem.
    I'm using the "open" access method, i.e. both OPC server and OPC gateway on the same WinXP host and the Client runs on a Linux (recent Gentoo with downgraded Pyro)
    Can somebody pls. give me some hints to track the problem ? I'm running both the Matricon OPC Server and the INAT OPC Server on the same host, can this be the reason for the problem ?

See below the out put of the following quite simple script (I omitted the includes to keep it simple, the existance of the tag name has bee verified with a Win OPC Client.)

opc = OpenOPC.open_client('brkopc01.eu.mfg.mars',7766)
    opc.connect('INAT TcpIpH1 OPC Server')
    print opc.info()
    print opc

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test.py", line 24, in <module>
        print opc
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 392, in __call__
        return self.__send(self.__name, args, kwargs)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 462, in _invokePYRO
        return self.adapter.remoteInvocation(name, Pyro.constants.RIF_VarargsAndKeywords, vargs, kargs)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyro/protocol.py", line 429, in remoteInvocation
        return self._remoteInvocation(method, flags, *args)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyro/protocol.py", line 529, in _remoteInvocation
        answer.raiseEx()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyro/errors.py", line 72, in raiseEx
        raise self.excObj
    OpenOPC.OPCError: read: Unspecified error

regards Gerhard

• I tried the Matrikon OPC Modbus Server, and thisone also works. Strange.

• I think your OPC Server may be incompatible - only the more standardized ones are going to jive…

I belive the DLL families are:

Matrikon.OPC.Automation
    Graybox.OPC.DAWrapper
    HSCOPC.Automation
    RSI.OPCAutomation
    OPC.Automation

and the ACTUAL OPC SERVERS ARE:

Hci.TPNServer
    HwHsc.OPCServer
    opc.deltav.1
    AIM.OPC.1
    Yokogawa.ExaopcDAEXQ.1
    OSI.DA.1
    OPC.PHDServerDA.1
    Aspen.Infoplus21_DA.1
    National Instruments.OPCLabVIEW
    RSLinx OPC Server
    KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4
    Matrikon.OPC.Simulation
    Prosys.OPC.Simulation

I don't think this is a problem with OpenOPC - I think you just need a supported OPC Server - KepWare is pretty generic - they should make a module for yoru device.  Give them a call…http://www.kepware.com/