From: Hendrik Sattler <sattler2000@gm...> - 2006-08-06 09:56:53
just to announce it: I wrote an OBEX-Push daemon for linux using libopenobex.
Actually pretty easy, although the creatable documentation lacks many
You can find it at
- serve IrDA and Bluetooth
- sets up SDP for bluetooth
I tested it with a Siemens S55 (IrDA and Bluetooth) and a Siemens SL75
This is only the simplest implementation, other features as defined by the
OBEX-Push Profile are planned:
- getting of default objects
- OBEX authentication to serve many users with one running instance
- using streaming mode to reduce memory consumption
- finer multithreading (for muliple bluetooth connection)
- some (yet unknown) method to announce new files to other applications
Why did I write it:
The functionality on command line was not provided by any software. I know
kdebluetooth but I need this for an embedded device.
The example apps did not really work for me.
Additionally, the debian package obexserver is too bad, this shall be a
replacement for it.
PS: I have the OBEX-1.2 spec but does anyone has the OBEX-1.3 spec?