TcpOBEX ipv4 supported?

2007-10-19
2013-05-01
  • Sahaja Talla
    Sahaja Talla
    2007-10-19

Hello Marcel and All,

I wrote a syncml obex client using tcpobex for transport; This client can communicate with a local obex server; As I could see both are using ipv6.  However it can't connect with the SCTS OBEX server on different machine which has windows and SCTS Server running; I suspect SCTS OBEX server is using ipv6.   I noticed that openobex(tcpobex) doesn't let you use IP version4, even though the documentation says otherwise; If you attempt to used ipv4, it resets all the parameter back to ipv6 in case of client; And in case of server it server registration fails when ipv4 is used.
    Is ipv4 really supported and tested?

Thank you,
    Sahaja Talla

• Sahaja Talla
      Sahaja Talla
      2007-10-19

Sorry, I misstated a sentence, The following is what I meant:

I wrote a syncml obex client using tcpobex for transport; This client can communicate with a local obex server; As I could see both are using ipv6. However it can't connect with the SCTS OBEX server on different machine which has windows and SCTS Server running; I suspect SCTS OBEX server is using ipv4. And, I noticed that openobex(tcpobex) doesn't let you use IP version4, even though the documentation says otherwise; If you attempt to used ipv4, it resets all the parameter back to ipv6 in case of client; And in case of server, server registration fails when ipv4 is used.
      Is ipv4 really supported and tested in openobex(tcpobex)?