Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Limited success with Sony-Ericsson k608i

jason
2005-12-12
2013-05-01
  • jason
    jason
    2005-12-12

I've been able to connect to my k608i using obexftp (over usb).  It allows me to list top-level folders.

However if a call is made to obexftp_setpath(), as is the case when either the -c arg is used, or when the -l arg specifes a nested folder, the associated sync response is a failure; either a OBEX_RSP_UNAUTHORIZED or OBEX_RSP_FORBIDDEN.  Curiously, the setpath causes the phone to prompt whether the folder should be created - I get the different errors according to whether I respond with a yes or no.

I'm wondering if I get the create prompt because I'm not specifying the absolute path properly (e.g. prefixing with 'C:\' or similar).  I've tried all manner of experiments, but without success.  The phone doesn't seem to recognise 'C:', 'D:', etc. 

Suggestions welcome.  I'm happy to try coding experiments too.

• jason
      jason
      2005-12-12

The behaviour seems to be independent of the USB transport - I've also tested it over IR, and the same thing occurs.