How to Start

Murthy
2006-06-22
2013-05-01
  • Murthy
    Murthy
    2006-06-22

Hi,

We are developing a win32 application to upload/download data from Motorola mobile to our PC. So we thought OpenObex is the best entry point for our project. I downloaded OpenObex v 1.3 and also I have pddf for the api. Now I would like to know how to proceed. How to get the respective dll / lib for openobex. I am expecting I can use this api, once I load the generated dll / lib. I would like to get the proper guidance / steps to for the best way to proceed. Can somebody help me for the next thing to do. Thanks for your help.

Thank You
    Murthy

• Compile OpenOBEX to a shared object (DLL).
      Should work out of the box. The only important thing is to get free win32 IrDA and BT stacks.
      There is IrCOMM2k http://www.ircomm2k.de/
      and as to BT you might use the MS or Widcomm API? There are rumors about BlueZ on win32, too.

If it's about FTP (or OPUSH, SYNCH) you might want to give ObexFTP a try. Let me know.

• Murthy
      Murthy
      2006-06-22

Hi Zany,

I appreciate your quick response. I will try to get the DLL from Open Source. It seemslike the source is more friendly to Linux OS, Can you please suggest me the compiler to get the Dll. And also we are planning to implemenent exchange all types of data i.e. address book, messages, calender, files etc. So we may not be able to use ObexFTP for our purpose. I will go through the other link you proposed. Thanks again for your help.

Thank You
      Murthy

• I think minimal compilers like lcc won't do. Try the cygwin environment, pure mingw or maybe MS-C.

Actual data types are of no concern. You need to see which OBEX profile you want to use. From your requirements it sounds like FTP is the only choice, then.

Maybe you want to open a page on the openobex wiki and log / discuss your efforts there.

Also, please join the developer mailing list.