Bug Tracker

Developers
2010-07-12
2013-04-16
  • Joern Kottmann
    Joern Kottmann
    2010-07-12

Hello everyone,

quite a while Tom and I where the only maintainers, we usually used IM to communicate and discuss our modifications. Though this is process which is completely closed to others. Since we are now more people who are changing things I would like to suggest that we always create an issue in our tracker which shortly describes the change (as long as not really trivial). The id of the issue should then be included in the commit comment to be able to later link changes to their tracker issue.
    For example like this " Create a model package for the doccat maxent model".

Any opinions ?

Jörn

• James Kosin
    James Kosin
    2010-07-14

Good Idea Jorn,

I'm only helping; because it is a part of my thesis to incorporate the opennlp into my project to help in ….

Anyway, I'm finding several issues or places for improvement that apperently haven't ever been touched.  Do you want me to continue submitting patches for now; or should I switch to a Bug entry.

Thanks…
    James Kosin

• Joern Kottmann
    Joern Kottmann
    2010-07-14

Now your patches are very welcome, please just continue. When you submit a patch we also have an "issue" in the tracker and the commit can be linked to this issue id.

Which OpenNLP components  do you use for your thesis ?

Jörn

• James Kosin
    James Kosin
    2010-07-14

Jorn,

I'm currently using the SentenceDetector, and have recently incorporated the Tokenizer (model kind).

Basically, my thesis will be to create a tree (of sorts) with the sentences and words group together from one document.  Then with the help of wordnet try to compare the tree to a second document looking for similarities in content.
    I'm not sure yet if I will need the POS tagger.

James

• James,

Given your research interest, you should definitely check out Katrin Erk's ISOGRAM project:

http://comp.ling.utexas.edu/isogram/Home

Jason

• James Kosin
    James Kosin
    2010-07-25

Given your research interest, you should definitely check out Katrin Erk's ISOGRAM project:

Thanks Jason,
    That was a bit helpful…  Unfortunately, I'm not finding too much in the exact area I'm searching for.  The best I could come up with was a project called TREEDIFF; which does the comparison on XML documents.

This is definately a piece of the project though.

James

• If I have suggestions for fixes should I e-mail them to you Jason or someone else to review?  Or should I just post them on the forum?

• Joern Kottmann
    Joern Kottmann
    2010-07-28

The preferred way to contribute is to open a "patch issue" in the bug tracker, describe what the change is about and attach the patch. I really would like to move the development to the forums, so everyone can participate and comment on decisions we make.

Jörn