Menu

neverscript for windows?

Forrest
2005-02-23
2013-04-11
  • Forrest

Forrest - 2005-02-23

neveredit 0.7 had a windows version, and I was curious if neveredit 0.8 can be run on windows...

Particularly, the neverscript editor would be lovely... if it's easier than porting the whole thing...

:) Thanks

• Forrest

Forrest - 2005-02-23

Ooops.  I guess II just wasn't looking hard enough... I have found the "all platforms" download now!

• Sumpfork

Sumpfork - 2005-02-23

Sadly, the answer isn't quite that simple.

The 'all platforms' download depends on a number of extensions. All the usual ones are very is to install on Windows, as they have binary installers:
        PIL,numarray,Numeric,PyOpenGL,wxPython. Look at the README for website pointers.

Another matter, however, is the script compiler. Originally written for windows, I had only ever compiled the python extension wrapping the compiler on unix platforms. Now, I have recently managed to compile it for the window python binary using mingw. However, this required a number of changes to the source, not all of which are ready to be checked in. If you can get it compiling with vc++, that's fine, too.

So, the script editor itself works fine, but the compiler takes a little bit of setup to integrate. I haven't had the time to package a windows binary release, and just substituting 'py2exe' for 'py2app' didn't seem to do it.