I'm pleased to announce the release of OpenIT 2.2 Release Candidate 1.
The OpenIT 2.2-RC1 release includes minor bug fixes over 2.2-beta3. If
no critical bugs are found, this release will become 2.2-final.
For 2.0 (or older) users:
Check the doc/upgrade.txt document for notes on upgrading to 2.2. Also,
note that you no longer have to worry about PEAR packages as they're
bundled with OpenIT! Below are the major changes since 2.0. See the
doc/changelog.txt file for details.
New Features and Improvements since 2.0:
- Required PEAR packages are included in OpenIT, so there's no need to
install or update them separately.
- Persistent custom columns, sorting, and filtering for some of the
- New icons from the Tango Project (see images/mappings.txt for
- A style sheet for printing so that printed pages look like a nice
- Added French Candadian translation.
- Added experimental SPNEGO (Single Sign On with Internet Explorer &
Bug Fixes since 2.0:
- Major improvements to setup script. MySQL 4.0-5.0 are supported, and
there is experimental support for Microsoft SQL Server (MS SQL).
- Fixed some bugs which could redirect users from HTTPS URLs to HTTP.
- Better ActiveDirectory/LDAP support.
- Fixed lots of Windows incompatibilities.
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements.