Initial configuration

Help
2007-07-09
2013-04-25
  • How do I configure OpenIT initialy? For example, peripheral types, campuses, knowledge base categories, and so on. Where is the administrative screen? I am logged in as an administrator, but I see no link for administration.

Thank you for your help.

• How do I set what columns are displayed in the Employee list? Do I need to create this functionality?

• Nick Vrtis
        Nick Vrtis
        2007-07-10

There is a list.php under modules/Employees that would need to be changed.

Employees should be changed eventually to use the 'standard' common.list.php methods that are used by most of the other modules.  This would let you select which columns you want to display.  This would mainly involve changes to inc/classes/Employees.php and removing the list.php from modules/Employees.  The only difficulty would be that currently the Employee list lets you export the information, and common.list.php does no include this.

Nick

• And what is "title" under "Add New Software"?

• It looks to me that "Title" under "Add new software" should be a text input box for the title of the software (e.g., "OpenIT"). But it's a drop-down box (aka, a select box). On the one hand, I do not see any way to control what appears in this select box. On the other hand, I do not think this should be a select box. I think it should be a text box. Am I correct?

• Nick Vrtis
          Nick Vrtis
          2007-07-10

"Title" is supposed to be a select box.  This helps keep the title used for each of the software products the same.

In order to have something appear in the "Title", you need to first add it to "Software Types" in Lookups. (and in order to add a new Software Type, you must have a Vendor created in the Vendors in Lookups).

The "Software Type" entry provides information about what type of license the software was purchased under (Open Source, Volume Licensed, Serial Numbered, etc.), and how many licenses you purchased of this type (you may have 5 copies of Office XP under a volume license, and 3 individual serial numbered copies for example).

Nick

• Nick Vrtis
      Nick Vrtis
      2007-07-10

There really isn't an "administration" screen.  Peripheral types, campuses,and so on are created under the 'Lookups' section.

Nick