Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Feature request? - show software installs

2006-07-25
2013-04-25
  • Scott Gamble
    Scott Gamble
    2006-07-25

Really nice project guys.  This is very helpful. 

The only thing I'd like to immediately request is the ability to show *where* software is installed.

For instance, you go to the software link and you see that Office has 10 licenses and 4 installs.  It would be very useful if we could simply click the "Install Number" and have it render a list of computers in which its installed upon.

Again, nice job folks.

• Nick Vrtis
      Nick Vrtis
      2006-08-17

Scott,

Actually, I'm working on pretty much a complete rewrite of the Software module which will do this.

Unfortunately, it's a fairly significant chunk of code that involves table changes.  So I'm not sure how I'm going to set up a migration plan (I started with a new install, so didn't have to face migration yet).

Nick

• Nick Vrtis
      Nick Vrtis
      2006-10-03

Scott,

I posted a new set of code on SVN, branch->Vrtisworks-3.0 that has a complete rewrite of "Software tracking".  The software listing looks a lot like the computer listing.  Right now it shows the "AssetTag" column from the computer it is attached to.  That could easily be changed to a different field (Serial number?, ComputerID?)..

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to move the data from the existing Software setup to the new one.

Nick