Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Using devIL with windows xp 32-bit with djgpp

Help
Dayes
2009-10-13
2013-05-02
  • Dayes
    Dayes
    2009-10-13

Hi,

I'm trying to setup devIL on windows xp with djgpp.

I downloaded DevIL-SDK-x86-1.7.8 using the link 'DevIL 1.7.8 for 32-bit Windows' on the downloads page. The instruction in this download only refer to visual c so I accessed the pdf Manual online.

Here for setup with djgpp it tells me to 'copy libil.a, libilu.a and libilut.a from ImageLib\lib\djgpp to your DJGPP lib directory' however I cannot find the ImageLib directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dayes

• aXyde
    aXyde
    2009-10-14

"ImageLib" refers to the directorry where you unzipped the .zip file you downloaded.

Btw: ever thought of just searching with your os for those files?

• Dayes
    Dayes
    2009-10-14

Thank you, I have searched throught the entire zip, and as such have found the .h files also specified in the manual.

However, the files libil.a, libilu.a and libilut.a are not present in my download, instead there only appears to be dlls and libs and as I am using djgpp I believe these won't work.

• aXyde
    aXyde
    2009-10-14

Yeah it sucks that there are only visual c++ binaries. I guess you have to download the source codes and rebuild DevIL from source.