Runtime Libraries

2009-01-12
2013-05-02
  • Hola Folks,

I need to compile DevIL against the Multithreaded Debug library and not the MultiThreaded Debug DLL library.

The goal is to create a static library against the MD lib. However, it looks like DevIL the structure of DevIL isn't going to support this.

What do I have to do to successfully compile against the MD library instead of the MD DLL library?

This is pretty much a show-stopper for me so any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

-isdi-

• Denton Woods
      Denton Woods
      2009-01-12

You have to compile all of the supporting libraries (libtiff, libpng, etc.) with the multithreaded debug library first.  Then you can compile DevIL with the MD library.  I kept having some issues with it, but I may have been doing something wrong.  Please let me know how it works out for you.

• Hello Denton,

This is what I expected. My initial tests failed. However, I think it was because I was very tired and frustrated and as a result failed to properly configure the Static Library project configuration.

At the moment, IL v 1.7.5 has compiled and linked as a Static Lib. I'll be moving on to ILU and ILUT after I deal with DevIL 1.3.0. I'll post a followup when I have definitive results.

-isdi-