Help
Don Sesler
2012-01-16
2013-06-12
  • Don Sesler
    Don Sesler
    2012-01-16

Sorry, real newbie question.

I have been reading through the documentation but cannot work out how to add the altitude column to the location details listed when a map is generated under the mapping section.  I looked through reports.xml but if it is there I missed it.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,
    Don

• Anonymous
    2012-09-04

I worked out a sort of tutorial to add new fields to the database.

Example: To add a LONG field named newField to the Device table.

1. Add the field details and Info in the desired table file. Ex (src/org/opengts/db/tables/Device.java):

// Accounting fields
    public static final String FLD_newField = "newField"; // New field to be created
    public static final DBField NewFieldInfo = {
    new DBField(FLD_newField , Long.TYPE , DBField.TYPE_UINT32 , "New Field in Device" , "edit=2"),
    };

2. Create the methods to access the fields, in the same file. Ex (/src/org/opengts/db/tables/Device.java):

// --

public long getNewField()
    {

}

public void setNewField(long v)
    {

}

// Add whatever other methods you may need…

// --

3. Add an entry in the /src/org/opengts/StartupInit.java file in the corresponding selectFields method entry.
    It should look like:

// startupInit.Device.NewFieldInfo=true
    addDBFields(tblName, fields, "startupInit.Device.NewFieldInfo" , true , Device.NewFieldInfo);

4. Add an entry in the common.java file like

startupInit.Device.NewFieldInfo=true

5. The run the following command from the OpenGTS base directory to create the new fieds:

bin/dbAdmin.pl -tables=ca

And verify that they have been created using the following command:

bin/dbAdmin.pl -tables

6. Have lots of fun!!!

• Anonymous
    2012-09-04

The above information was originally posted a while back by the devs.  Just re-posted for completeness