Simulate can I simulate events to OpenGTS

Help
2013-10-25
2013-10-25
  • Keith Schmidt
    Keith Schmidt
    2013-10-25

Is there a simple way to simulate sending events to OpenGTS. Specifically, I'd like to simulate a bus route. This would be either a very long route or a loop (which would be ideal). I want to tweak and test various settings. I can't believe it's difficult -but it is- to find a GPS simulator. I tried Packet Builder but was unsuccessful. I also tried the GPS simulator from Sourceforge, but if memory serves correctly, that would only output to a com port. GPS Sim by GPS gate was mentioned on here somewhere, but there's no GPS Sim on the GPS Gate website anymore.

I simply would like a way for some legitimate gprmc or UDP events to come in as if a real vehicle was being tracked. Any ideas?

Trivia for the day: It took me forever to find out what exactly "gprmc" stood for. GPRMC = GeoPositioning Recommended Minimum sentence C. I don't know what the "C" stands for. Thanks for any help with the above!

Keith

Last edit: Keith Schmidt 2013-10-25
    • Keith Schmidt
      Keith Schmidt
      2013-10-25

I got my answer from a helpful user. He suggested I use a curl script. It worked! :)