Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Help Eclipse Debugger and openGTS

Help
2013-04-04
2013-06-12
  • John Geddes
    John Geddes
    2013-04-04

I have successfully been able to run openGTS on my Windows 7 64-bit computer and I have gotten it to run in to run Eclipse but I can't get it to work with the debugger in Eclipse. I keep getting this error: Error: Could not find or load main class org.opengts.servers.tk10x.Main. I am trying to run the tk10x Device Communication Server in the Eclipse debugger to help up the process of making necessary modifications for our tracker. Does anyone know how to get the device communication servers to run in the debugger? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• John Geddes
    John Geddes
    2013-04-08

Anyone else been able to use the debugger in Eclipse with OpenGTS?

• tea4two
    tea4two
    2013-04-08

Have you read the Tutorial in the OpenGTS documentation ?

It seems that in your project the src path or class path is not well declared.

If I remember well in the documetation is written how to run template in Eclipse.
    If not please give me more details so I can improve the tutorial.

Regards,
    - Pierluigi

• John Geddes
    John Geddes
    2013-04-09

Thanks for replying. I read the tutorial and that is what I used to be able to get it to run in Eclipse. I can run the Device Communication Servers without a problem but it is when I try to run the debugger that I get the "Could not find or load main class org.opengts.servers.tk10x.Main" error. My goal is to be able to use the debugger to be able to make modifications quicker especially when a problem comes up. I will doing the tutorial again just in case I missed something.

I think it might be helpful to add a section on how to debug a DCS in the tutorial.  I noticed that there is a section on how to debug the tomcat application.

• John Geddes
    John Geddes
    2013-04-09

Ok, I just made a new project and went through the tutorial again and made a debug configuration that was similar to the run configuration that was made in tutorial.  I finally got it to work this time with the debugger. I am not sure what was wrong with the project configuration.

I think be helpful to add a section on setting up the debug configuration for the template server just to make things more clear, if you have time to do it Pierluigi…thanks for the help and for making the tutorial