Help
shirazbj
2010-04-30
2013-04-25
  • shirazbj
    shirazbj
    2010-04-30

Hi,

I followed the tutorial in the reference and got a pos file. But when I open it with gmsh2.4, there are only  4 color scales. How could I see the vector plot? Thanks.

Regards,

Cean

• Billy Araujo
    Billy Araujo
    2010-04-30

Is the file empty? You can open it with a text editor and check. Also I do not understand what you mean about 4 color scales.
    Are you using OpenFVM v1.3?

• shirazbj
    shirazbj
    2010-05-01

the pos file is 501k for lid driven demo. I got the right residual plot in gnuplot.

In gmsh, 4 color legends. 2 for velocity and 2 for streamfunction. other part of the window  is all white.

Yes 1.3

Which version of Gmsh is required? I am using 2.4.2. I know there is a file format change for gmsh.

Thanks

• Billy Araujo
    Billy Araujo
    2010-05-01

Check in the parameter file if output is binary or ascii.
    There was a problem with binary format on windows but I believe it was corrected in v1.3l.

• shirazbj
    shirazbj
    2010-05-03

changed to ascii worked. just wondering why there are 4 views only 2 are good for this lid driven demo.

• shirazbj
    shirazbj
    2010-10-17

Successfully compliled with gcc under Ubuntu 10 , so I begin to study this code.

In main.c:

int
    Simulation (char *path)
    {
           …
    WriteResults (fpresults, LOGICAL_TRUE, LOGICAL_TRUE, curtime);

// Set write time intervals
    if (parameter.nsav != 0)
    wdt = (endtime - starttime) / parameter.nsav;
    else
    wdt = 2 * (endtime - starttime);

wtime = wdt;
            …

The "WriteResults" is called before time 0, it is not needed for steady state simulation. That's why I got double set of data.

• Billy Araujo
    Billy Araujo
    2010-10-18

The code writes results before time 0 mostly for debuging purposes to check initial conditions on faces and in elements.

• shirazbj
    shirazbj
    2010-10-18

ok, I got it.