Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Question about the "parser.c&quot...

Help
Dingking
2012-11-25
2013-04-25
  • Dingking
    Dingking
    2012-11-25

Hello, X-flow:
            After learning and reprograming the code for most of the year,I meet a problem in the "parser.c" file :
            After reading the whole code line-by-line,I didn't find any problem with the
    "int   evaluate (char *s, double *r)"  function,which transform the  string-typed boundary condition  into the concrete data under the "void SetBoundary ()" function.  But,in practice,when the imput  boundary parameters include the 'sin(x)' or ‘sqrt(x)’, the program cannot get the corresponding right boundary data.However ,when the boundary parameters include the 'cos(x-pi/2)' or ‘abs(x)’, the program do get the corresponding right boundary condition.
             Do you know how to solve this problem?
             Thanks for your patience to read through my questions!
             Your reply is deeply-appreciated!

Best Regards!

• Billy Araujo
    Billy Araujo
    2012-11-25

Hi dingking,

There was a bug parsing expression starting with 's' because this was a name of a variable. I think I have resolved this issue. The problem was that it first detected the 's' char as variable and then wouldn't recognize it was a function.
    I have included a new function to detect if it is variable or not by checking if next char is an operator, space or end line.
    However, I haven't tested this thoroughly. You can get latest version from SVN repository.

Thanks.

• Dingking
    Dingking
    2012-11-26

Hi X-flow,
          Thank you for your kind answering and prompt reply.I greatly admire your outstanding capability from the bottom of my heart.