Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

gmsh 2.0 - mesh file format changed

2007-02-06
2013-04-09
  • Some good news and bad news. Gmsh 2.0 is out, and it seems like it's got some very nice features making it a little easier to use. However it appears the file format it produces for meshes has changed in a way that breaks openflower's ability to parse the mesh file.

-- Greg

• You think we can parse it back to the original state? I mean, it can be parsed, if we find all the changes first.

• You think we can parse it back to the original state? I mean, it can be parsed, if we find all the changes first?

Fonss

Its phenomenal now that I can open STEP files. I'll look into making a back parser thingy/script.

• I think we should make a big noise to make Vortexflow look at this.

• Hi there,
      After more than a year away from the project (due to my job and family duties), I was actually thinking about coming back on the project, even though I know there is still a lot to be done for OpenFlower to be robust and user-friendly.
      I even have some developments that I made (paraview and tecplot post-processings for example) and did not even release before leaving the project.

As for the gmsh new release which is accompagnied by changes in mesh format, they don't seem to involve a lot of changes in OpenFlower : I will try to work on it first.

Since I am the only developper, I hope to see some development contributions in the future if some people are interested.

See you soon.
      Vortexflow