• Billy Araujo
    Billy Araujo
    2004-10-16

These are some errors I encountered during compiling in Visual C++:

- redefinition of variables:
    -- problem: 
    void main()
    {

for(int i=0;i<present->getNbValues();i++)
      { ... }

for(int i=0;i<5;i++)
      { ... }

}

-- solution

void main()
    {

int i;

for(i=0;i<present->getNbValues();i++)
      { ... }

for(i=0;i<5;i++)
      { ... }

}

- no such file or directory:
    -- problem: #include <Variable.h>
    -- solution: #include "Variable.h"

• Hi XFlow,

Good to hear from you today !
      Thanks for trying to compile the code with VC++:
      - the error with the include files with "< >" which are not found was already corrected in the v0.3 release. In fact, it was not properly coded without the "file.h" convention...
      - as for the redefinition of variables, I guess we will have to correct it the next release to makes things properly!

So thanks a lot for this contribution.
      By the way, are there a lot of changes needed to make the Windows distribution? If it needs some work, than I can imagine that we could add you to our developpers list (as a release technician) so that U can post new Windows releases but this time hosted on the SourceForge web-site. What do you think about it?

Some news now: I will start to develop the Navier-Stokes part of the code starting from next week. I hope to release a first version of it in a month: I think it is possible.

See U soon,
      VortexFlow.

• Billy Araujo
      Billy Araujo
      2004-10-19

Hi VortexFlow,

I am very pleased to know about openflower developments!!

About the compilation I am not sure of one more  thing: when I compile file "Algorithm.h" one error occurs at line 27: 

virtual double getStabilityTimeStep(){} //! Calculates the Stability Time Step specific to this Algorithm.

error C4716: 'Algorithm::getStabilityTimeStep' : must return a value

I had to change it so it would compile:

virtual double getStabilityTimeStep(){return 0;} //! Calculates the Stability Time Step specific to this Algorithm.

But I am not sure about this.

I hope you can clean the files so they can recompile more easily in both Linux and Windows environments.

About joining the team, that would be great!

x-flow.

• Alberto
      Alberto
      2004-10-19

Hi x-flow,

virtual double getStabilityTimeStep(){}

is not defined yet in Alghorithm.cpp, so the error should disappear when the function will be implemented.

ap :-)

• Hi ... both of you!

Well, I think I am going to correct the sources so as to make them easily usable both 4 Linux & Windows in the next few days.

VortexFlow,
      openflower@gmail.com