OPENFLOWER Data Formats

x-flow
2004-05-24
2013-04-09
  • x-flow
    x-flow
    2004-05-24

Hello everyone,

I have been compiling OPENFLOWER using windows and tried to come up with some data formats for the Reference Manual.

I changed the source code so that is works fine with the new data formats The problem is how can I post this? If anyone is interested I can send it to them via e-mail.

There are several formats.
    - OPENFLOWER Input File,
    contains all the names of the files for input and output.

- OPENFLOWER Mesh File,
    contains all the nodes, faces and elements. Very simple format like gmsh. (no boundary conditions so that it can be easily translated from other mesh formats).

- OPENFLOWER Boundary Conditions File,
    contains boundary conditions (not completly defined yet)

- OPENFLOWER Parameters File,
    contains all calculation parameters such as convergence, max. number of iterations, type of simulation, etc.

- OPENFLOWER Material File,
    contains all the properties of the material (fluid) such as density, viscosity, etc.

- OPENFLOWER Results File.
    contains the results.

• x-flow
      x-flow
      2004-05-24

Please give your thoughts.

!!This should be considered only as a suggestion!!

I think that Openflower should define its own open formats and build preliminary reference manual so that all developers can work on the same data formats.

I don't like the gmsh format to be the standard  mesh data format for the project, because if the openflower team wants to use other mesh formats such as (from other open source software) there will be too many assumptions in the code.

• Hi Xflow !

Well, for the first time, you can send us your contribution (in zipped format) to the following adress :

openflower.cfd@voila.fr

We will contact soon after we will receive your email.

Vortexflow

• mud2003
      mud2003
      2006-04-15

hi....x-flow
      can send the "some data formats for the Reference Manual" to me
      thanks!
      email:mud2003@126.com

• the doc does not explain the data format for anything? plus, how can you integrate the solver in your own GUI and capturing the on-going solving process so you can visually see the error convergence and stop the process if necessary..? But most of all, if we know the format of Input/Output files, we can build our own windows GUI for openflower..but the doc is absolutely silent on the format.. it is actually a very poor doc.

• Sorry for asking this question here. I do not know how to ope new thread here.

I want to know the octree approach used to get cell to cell connectivity data from cell and its vertices. I tried to understand the approach but it is very difficult without any document on this document. Could anyone mentione the reference regarding this?